Wednesday 24 July 2013

A PASSION FOR FASHION


Wow!!! It's so exhilarating to be on this medium. After so many months of running a facebook page, I've decided to let people into my world where fashion is a way of life-my culture. I find it hard to believe that I'll be blogging about fashion... like seriously? i cant believe this.After going through a lot of phases, once a tomboy, I moved on to be come a lover of black outfits (as a way of blending in without being noticed), I once decided to go against trends; once an item is trending, I'll stop wearing it- all because I detested fashion and it's appendages. Now I'm here, embracing the one thing I once detested, as they say: 'C'est la vie'.

The Intervention
Like i mentioned, I've been through many phases, I'm sure you must be wondering by now, how i got here.... well, it's not that hard to imagine. I finished from UNILAG (if you're a reader from  Nigeria, you know what that means) I was living amongst fashionable ladies daily, but i  beefed snickered at them all, and I considered them silly, though one part of me still loved how they paid so much attention to their feminine aspects. But silently, somewhere I realised that the more i drifted away from fashion, the more drab my life became, the more i fell in love with black, the more i drowned in the negative end of my bipolar tendencies. I woke up one morning and decided that i needed a breathe of fresh air, I brought out my colourful pieces (not like i didn't have them, i chose to not wear them, silly me lol) and just put them together, without really caring how i looked or what anyone had to say. Much to my surprise, i got lots of compliments from members of both gender, guys on the streets were dying to get my attention and those in their lush rides couldn't stop peering out of their cars, honking for me to hop in... Didn't know that i could get so much attention, I was a celeb, howbeit for one day. I relished the moment and well, like Olivress Twist, I wanted more.
I picked up more trendy outfits, and the compliments kept rolling in, i couldn't resist the temptation of falling in love more and more with fashion. i had tasted the forbidden fruit and like Adam and Eve, my eyes were open to fashion faux pas, hits, misses, trash, trends and a whole lots of other fashion related jargon. I spent more time watching fashion shows on TV, reading fashion magazines, analysing celeb style; a complete diversion from the course i studied and from who i was.

Sorry to disappoint you, i have not been enrolled in any fashion school in some fancy location, new york, L.A, Milan, Berlin, Lagos etc duh! But I can tell you that I have travelled to all those places in my mind and through the Internet... lol! And from the little I have learnt, I have come to share with all and sundry who cares to read. Have a wonderful time being a minder... 

Fashion Minders... Your one stop spot for fabulousity!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment