Tuesday 26 November 2013

Celeb Sightings Over the Weekend

There were so many events over the weekend and trust the Toke Makinwas of this world to bust their butts into the parties. lol. From the fairytale wedding between Tiwa Savage and Tee Billz, to the ELOY awards; an award that celebrates the works of women (hope to win one someday *wishful thinking mode activated*), to the launch of a self titled magazine by Monalisa Chinda, our celebs were everywhere and trust me to check them out online and serve them to you hot and spicy.

Let me quickly start off with the beautiful Monalisa Chinda in Jewel By Lisa
Monalisa donned a Jewel by Lisa piece at the launch of her eponymous magazine. As we mostly know, Jewel By Lisa has successfully discarded the age old fashion rule that states you can't mix two prints in an outfit and over the years, they have consistently broken that rule in a stylish way. This (one pictured above) is a paradigm of JBL's designs. Mixing of prints in an outfit is definitely not an easy task but JBL makes it seem like a piecemeal.

The mix of prints here is JBLic and I love the assymetric trumpet hem, my guts tell me it's heavily embellished, but the picture doesn't say much. But judging by the picture, this outfit fits perfectly on Mona, I like the choice of shoes too, it's not there to compete with the dress but rather complement it, would have preferred if the hair was pushed back tho', but all in all, it isn't a bad attempt.

Beautiful Faces and Styles at Tiwa  and Tunji's wedding

 
Agbani Darego and Funke Akindele


 
Toke Makinwa and Rita Dominic

Sasha P

The 'I-was-just-there' kinda of outfits

 
 Andrea Manuela Giaccaglia
Lami Philips
Toyin Lawani, Eku Edewor (she should be on the list before this, but I couldn't a solo pic of hers) and the lady on gold peplum lace dress *scratches head* 'I didn't catch her name'

Linda Ikeji; Not a bad attempt, but could be better.

To the 'I-wasn't-meant-to-be-there' kinda outfit!

Click for Full Image Size
This is plain hideous! Karen Igho will stop at nothing to give us a reason to blog about her, howbeit negatively! The make up and the backview of the dress is just completely improper, anything more repulsive must be smeagol!

ELOY AWARDS

Hello everyone, meet the new unpaid ambassador of Chanel!!! Too much of this mono chrome hurts my eyes greatly; had to wear some dark sunshades to make everything appear as black(way better for me). Whoever gave Toyin Lawani stylist of the year must have been really high on some cheap drugs. I've seen this lady in one too many disappointing outfits, I wonder what her clients don to events.

 
I love this ensemble; the hair most especially.
Rita, as we all probably know (except those who have been living in rocks) is not blessed with the coveted hour glass figure. Therefore, seeing her in this dress gives me goose pimples (really emotional right now. lol) as the drapes around the hips gives the illusion of larger hips and the neckline also doesn't seem to be calling attention to the portable bust line. She accessorized it stylishly and I must say that she's an ultimate winner in this outfit.

 
I'm sure you will all agree with me that we've seen Toke-the partygirl in way hotter outfits than this. This dress is quite ill-fitted for her. I like her pushed back hair-do tho'.

International Women’s Society 56th Annual Fundraising Luncheon in Lagos

Nkiru Anumudu in Roksanda Ilincic - November 2013 - BellaNaija Style - BellaNaija Exclusive

Nkiru wore this Roksanda Ilincic wool-crepe dress which costs £885 on Net-A-Porter to the International Women’s Society 56th Annual Fundraising Luncheon which took place in MUSON centre, Lagos. Convert that to naira and that should be a whooping sum of N223,000!!! #Thingsbigpeopledo

Unfortunately, despite the big bucks she expends on her outfit, a number of times, she still doesn't appear as expensive as the pieces. I will like to reiterate that this woman is always fashionable but is she stylish? That's another question entirely. I like all the pieces separately, but put together? I'm not feeling it. Not a fan of the leg chain and the visible bra lines. I prefer her hair this time tho'. The lesson? Looking good is not always a function of the number of high-end items on display.

Hope you had a nice time reading. Have a wonderful week ahead and don't forget to leave your comments in the comment box below. XOXO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment