Sunday 18 August 2013

5 FASHION "DON'TS" IN A CHURCH

Hallo minders!!! It's another Sunday, and what could be more appropriate than to talk about some fashion don'ts in the house of worship. I've been to quite a number of churches, and I have seen some really funny, bizarre, obscene outfits that people wear to a house of prayer. I know some churches are more accommodating than others with regards to permitted outfits, but irrespective of your denomination, there are still some unacceptable fashion choices for a religious setting.
Here are my top 5 picks for the fashion don'ts in the a church.



1.  The Bodycon Dress made from jersey material


 Yes, women generally like to show off their great bodies (including me); in fact, I'm still battling the urge to keep away from wearing this kind of dresses for sunday services. But the truth is, a place of worship isn't the best place to display those jiggly bouncy behind-there's a reason why this trend was voted by men abroad as the most promiscuous item of clothing! It distracts me when i see a woman clad in a body con, even as a woman, let alone our counterparts... I can imagine where their mind focus will be immediately you sashay past them; definitely not on the WORD! I recently bought this Asos petite bodycon dress in Aztec print and i modelled it to a male friend of mine, i told him with all exhilaration a woman feels with an addition to her wardrobe, 'One word', and he burst my bubble when he replied 'salacious'.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/HOT-Black-White-Zebra-Print-Bodycon-Dress-Inset-Mesh-Sleeveless-Summer-Clubwear-/00/s/ODk0WDEwNTI=/z/tcEAAOxy66pRtkTt/$(KGrHqJ,!oIFGvmRIfqrBRtkTsoqCw~~60_35.JPG
Now imagine this in a church!!!
Model and Moi in the body con dress I talked about. LOL

 

2.  Sun Shades During Service


http://www.couldawouldashouldabook.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/DITA-Sunglasses.jpg
Ignorant people's accessory while the service is on
This particular one totally gets me giggling whenever I see a church member who isn't visually challenged donning a pair of dark shades in the church, I just ask myself 'is the light of God so bright that it blinds the congregation???'. For some it depicts wealth, but for me, it connotes sheer ignorance!
 
3.  Deep V-Cuts


http://www.maykool.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/d/r/dresses-deep-v-neck-long-sleeve-lace-dress-008036.jpg
Deep V cut neck line
I know they say that if you've got it, flaunt it, but well, I guess that saying too has it's limitations. A place of worship is what it is-a place for worship, sober reflection and prayer; not a place to flaunt your eye popping decolletage. It's also very distracting and inappropriate!
 
4.  Knickers/Shorts


This goes out to the hot dudes with spotless legs, who might want to show off a lil during a Sunday service. I must shout this out loud 'IT IS RUDE'; you won't wear for a job interview so why wear it to church? If you're anything older than 10years old, you mustn't be caught wearing knickers to church. 

5.  Party Dresses
For a lot of girls, the church is an avenue to rock all those apparels they have not had the time to rock to parties due to their busy schedule. I snicker on the inside when i see babes looking way too 'HOT' in church. I mean, at the expense of being misconstrued, no one is saying you shouldn't look good to church- if that was an offense, I'd be guilty of that too, but we should learn to draw the line between looking good and looking hot for a service. Do away with tube dress, asymmetric cut one shoulder dress, skimpy outfits, etc
Okay, this is good right? Before you conclude, check out the skimpy dress and how much more guys can imagine.
http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/778524918/2013-Summer-Fashion-White-Black-Stripe-HL-Women-Ladies-Dresses-Tight-Bandage-Formal-Party-Prom-Mini.jpg
This bandage dress is perfect for the club or a night out with the girls, but for the church??? NOOOOO!!!!
In all, moderacy is key when going for a church service, do not use make up that can will make God not recognise you when is about to bless you(lol), for the guys do away with that stud ear ring for that day, it wont kill you Generally, don't be a source of distraction to others. Feel free to add your own pick in the comment box!
 

9 comments:

  1. all that one na story, i go still dey wear my bodycon dress go church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The glasses thingy actually makes me laugh a lot. Last week I still saw one dude in church rocking his dark shades inside the church, I actually tot he was blind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)) he might actually be blind

      Delete
  3. Miss fashion Minders has got good shape o! Sexy Mama!!! no wonder she likes bodycon.

    ReplyDelete