Friday 16 August 2013

TREGGINGS!!!

Leggings, Jeggings and Treggings

I was at work recently, and I heard this word that was totally alien to my fashion vocabulary-TREGGINGS! I was familiar with leggings and jeggings, but what the heck is treggings? I thought to myself.
I got talking to a couple of other friends and well, like me, that hadn't heard about it too, it was at this point that I decided it would be a good idea to read up on it and blog about it. It wasn't really funny when my 50 something year old boss and her friends were talking about Treggings and a young girl in her prime who runs a fashion blog was totally befuddled by the term, I mocked and scolded myself really hard. Well it's all demystified in this article.


Treggings are leggings styled to look like trousers. Much like jeggings which is a portmanteau of leggings and jeans, treggings is a word blend of tragic  trousers and leggings. Treggings fit just like leggings, but unlike leggings, they are made out of a thicker fabric and have better structure such that you can pair it with a small top without revealing the undergarment.
They are trousers + leggings, and they sort of kill two birds with one stone. They are as comfortable as leggings and from afar, can be mistaken for skinny pants or jeans. But there's a catch: these are meant to be worn on their own. There is no little cover up for your butt and thighs, it's just you, out there on your own, in stretchy pants.
I'm sure by now, almost every girl (even some guys) know what leggings and jeggings are, to save yourself the stress of trying hard to identify Treggings, what you should know is that, if it's not denim like or made from denim and if it clings like a second skin and it's made from  thick material with no possibility of the pants showing off more than bargained for(you know what. lol), then it's treggings!

See how celebs rock the trend below
http://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Sark-Tiwa-Savage-3-600x598.jpg
Tiwa Savage rocked the trend with a denim shirt
The ever sexy Omo Tee paired her treggings with a sequinned tank top and a peplum zip down jacket

Toke Makinwa
 

http://www.jaguda.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Tiwa-Savage-687x1024.jpg
Tiwa Savage


No comments:

Post a Comment