Friday 25 October 2013

GTBank Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2013: Alter Ego

GTBank Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2013 Alter Ego - FashionMinders - October2013005
 This is probably quite old but as the saying goes: 'Better late...' y'all know the rest. lol
 I remember sitting in the audience and promising that I was never going to do a critique of Alter Ego's collections(not breaking my promises completely, anyway). I'm a big fan of Alter Ego because she designs for the contemporary African woman and her fabric designs are always just out of this world. The first time her visited her showroom in Dolphin Estate, there was one particular piece that struck me and it was the Lagos Traffic Shirt! The shirt made me marvel at how a person could just manage to incorporate the daily struggles in Lagos state to fashion;. The style of the shirt; howbeit bland, the prints was enough statement.

So I definitely knew that it was no coincidence that her prints ruled at the Lagos Fashion and Design Week 2013. I was awed by her fabrics. I like how she played with different colours of thesame fabric to bringing a whole new dimension to an outfit; I'm a sucker for mixing and matching of fabrics. My favourites from this collection are her pants; they look so comfortable, provide good fit and yet are very stylish and are attention grabbers!
Sit back and check out their SS14 collection after the cut.






















Lemme quickly add that you can purchase her products from Exodus Stores; your premier online store for exclusive outfits made by African Designers

1 comment:

  1. very creative designs
    ezechimereuchenna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete