Monday 14 October 2013

Ladies at the Nollywood Movie Awards 2013

The Nollywood movie awards took place over the weekend, as usual , I wasn't there, but all thanks to God who has furnished me with internet facilities! I was able to lay hands on the mostly hideous pictures from one of my favourite blogs and here I am doing what I love to do best.... Your guess was right! (Whatever it was) lol.
Grab a seat and a popcorn and be ready to have a ride of your life... *winks*

  
Empress Njamah is back with her 'back'! But the big question is: Is she better? Sorry to disappoint you, but No she isn't. Looking at the front view of the dress, it seemed okay on a first look, but the more I stared, the more I noticed the unpalatable aspects, so please do not stare too hard. And the back? This is totally unbearable for me, I'll just spill it right here and now: WHAT THE HELL AM I SEEING?? IS THAT A VPL?

I'm not a fan of the colour and the fabrics used for the dress... It's completely unflattering I must say. On a whole, if I were asked to score her, I'll give her a 4 out of 10 out of which 3 is for putting an appearance and 1 is for the outfit.

 
There isn't much to be said about this look. It's just another black dress. I wish someone will furnish me with a picture showing the backview of the dress. Something inside of me tells me it's gonna be so ratchet. But till then I'll remain mum about the look.

 
Now, for others that are also preggers, this is how to look, atleast for the sake of the unborn child *I earnestly hope Annie is reading*lol. Top points for Mrs Dakore Akande in this monochrome; No gaudy colours, no panty lines, no indecency, no scary make up... Just sheer perfection!

 
Actress Uru Eke (left) and actress/TV host Tricia Esiegbe Kerry (right)
I totally love the hue, the ladies, the fabric, the pose of  Uru but not that of  Kerry who seemed to be trying to show-off something, can't quite get it tho. But on the whole, they both look fab

 
Rukky Sanda
This babe has a specialty, and it lies in her ability to turn fabulous dresses into something to be despised. I would have loved to have a dress like this but since my dear Rukky Sanda has rocked it in such a repulsive manner, No! Thanks.
When will she learn that simplicity is the new form of elegance and that you don't have to scream 'I'm Here' before you're noticed?
Last bullet: A pushed back hair do would probably have saved you from becoming a loser on this platform.

 
        Actress Adaora Ukoh garbed in Adaora Couture 

Adaora why will you do this to yourself??? Seriously, if there's any dress any worse ill-fitting than this, then  it must be a costume for a barney!!!
From  the design of the dress to maternity-like details at the midriff, to the earrings and its competitor(the hair), all just seems to be saying one thing "Adaora, you need a stylist!!!"
Still trying to convince myself that she didn't design that dress. If she did I don't know easy it'll be for her to cope with getting low marks as both the designer and the wearer of this gaudy piece.

Photo Credit: Linda Ikeji Blog

Share your thoughts.... The comment box beckons....XOXO!!!

2 comments:

  1. I totally love this write up... It's so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby oh, see as u finish them, i wont blame u tho, Nigerian women have a specialty in looking terrible, especially yoruba actresses and wannabe socialites.

    ReplyDelete